Monday, October 4, 2010

BP4_Dvolver

Welcome back to my blog. I have just discovered the easiest way to make an animated short movie.  I think my students are going to flip over this.  Dvolver is a Web 2.0 tool that lets you make your own movie. And if I say it is simple, then anyone can do it.  Below are the steps as I would explain them to my students (and please preview the characters before allowing your students to use this tool).

Step 1: Go to http://www.dfilm.com/live/home.html.
Step 2: Click on Movie Maker.
Step 3: Wait to be redirected.
Step 4: Choose a background and a sky.
Step 5: Choose a type of plot.
Step 6: Choose a character.
Step 7: Type some dialogue.
Step 8: Choose some funky music.
Step 9: Choose a title, type your name and choose a background for your title page.
Step 10: Preview your movie and send it to yourself.

If this was not easy enough to follow, then check out my Screenflow demonstration.


I like this software because I can create dialogue.  As a matter of fact, I am currently teaching my first grade students a song that has dialogue in it.  Using Dvolver would be a great way to show what is happening to the two characters in addition to me singing the song to them. So instead of just talking about this song, I went ahead and created a video for it.  Please check out "Fang and Twang."


I'll blog with you later,
-Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Can you do multiple scenes? I like the fact that it comes with music the kids can choose. That makes it easier when it comes to concerns about copyright. I'll share this with my fellow teacher, Brenda. I'll be she could use this in her English classes. I'm likely to introduce it in my Computer Related Technology class as a fun extra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn,
    I'm excited to look at this tool in more depth! I am also an elementary music teacher and just graduated from EMDT! Rena Hanaway gave me your blog link, and she can give you my contact information if you'd like to share ideas, tools, etc. :) I am now a mentor for EMDT, so you could connect with me through that site as well.
    I'll look forward to seeing what other cool tools you find this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy,
    Thanks for your comments. Rena had told me you would be in touch but I am just now getting back to reading all the comments that people have posted. I would love to share ideas and to pick your brain as an EMDT mentor. Do you have a gmail address where I can reach you privately?
    Thanks,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete