Saturday, May 21, 2011

Wk 3 reading: Art of Possibility


Oh, there were so many gems from this week's reading. Here are a few that really caught my eye and I have already started putting them into practice.

Leading from any seat - What a profound thought, that no matter where you are seated in the orchestra or where you are in the heirarchy of your organization, you can be a force of good energy (or I suppose, evil) for the group that you are in. If we could convey this thought to the world, what a difference it would make in our lives and the lives of others.

Rule #6: Stop taking yourself so damn seriously! - I have started to implement this in my own life. Well, technically into the life of my husband. He is the serious one in our relationship and I have to remind him constantly to just chill out. Now, I have the words of Rule #6: Stop taking yourself so damn seriously! Especially in our lives right now, we are very stressed out (my husband is being deployed on June 6th). Rule #6 reminds us that, with a little bit of laughter, we can get through this.

BTFI - I had to laugh out loud when I read about BTFI (Beyond the F**K it). Again, I feel that if we could get everyone to go just beyond the point of defeat, to feel that passion where we never give up, we would not only see a change in our physical world but the self-esteem of the people would be changed, too. I generally work with passion and I am somewhat fanatical about the subject that I teach or the ministries that I lead. Within those areas, I am a BTFI kind of girl. I would like to see me reaching the BTFI zone in all aspects of my life.

Blogger's Note: At night, I read to go to sleep. My husband and I tease each other about how I only read fiction and he only reads non-fiction. Recently, I have been able to convince him to try some fiction books. However, he has never been able to convince me that I would like to read non-fiction for enjoyment and relaxation but I am enjoying this book so much that it has now replaced my nightly reading books.

1 comment:

  1. Jenn,
    The same points struck me as well. It is great that you have been able to begin implementing these aspects into your life (and your husband's) to make things easier for you. I wish your husband a safe and speedy deployment so he is able to return to you soon.

    I also agree about this book. It is the first one we have had in the program that I truly enjoy reading and welcome the time I spend reading it. I have banned myself from reading at night to go to sleep (at least during the school year), however, because I find myself so enthralled with what I am reading (usually fiction) that I end up staying awake all night with the book!

    ReplyDelete